Friday, May 18, 2007

Story #2 - Trash Can

Here's the second story. Why don't you submit a story as well? It is easy to do. I am writing these stories but you do not need to follow my examples! Only the rules. So, with that in mind:

***

Trash Can
by Dan Schwartz

I wanted to live in the land of bad decisions. In order to live in the land of bad decisions, you have to make some bad decisions.

Walking down the street I saw a trash can on the corner. It was nearly full. Without thinking I ran up to it and pushed it over, spilling all of its contents out onto the sidewalk. There were people around who gave me strange looks, but I didn't mind. All of this garbage was just on the floor, old kleenexes, soda cans, McDonalds bags, a few pens, and what appeared to be a dead animal.

Then I started dancing around it, sure in my joy, screaming things out loud. I took some of the garbage and I put it on myself. Then I climbed into the empty trash can, and shouted, I am a grouch, I am a homeless person! I was good at being inconsiderate. I rolled around in the trash until even I couldn't stand the stench.

A week later I was told I had several diseases, but I didn't mind so much. I just waited for them to go away. I still keep some of the garbage in my home, just as a reminder.

***

No comments: