Thursday, June 7, 2007

Story #5 - Breaking Up

Another story for you all. Please remember to submit!

***

Breaking Up
by Dan Schwartz

I wanted to live in the land of bad decisions. In order to live in the land of bad decisions, you have to make some bad decisions.

When Jenny came over I said to her, "I'm seeing your mother."

"Oh, when?" she said. I didn't say anything. Her smile dropped. "Wait, what?" I repeated myself. She stared at me, the way someone stares out of an airplane window. "Hold on," she said. "Hold on. No. You can't be serious."

"Remember that weekend that you went away with your friends?" I said. "Well, I went over to your parents' house, and, well."

She hit me on the cheek. It turned red. "Sorry," I said.

"No you're not!" she yelled. She hit me again. She stood up, almost knocking her chair over. When she turned around I started laughing. "What in fuck is so funny?" she said, putting a full stop after each word.

"I really had you going there for a minute. Man. It's just too easy," I said.

Long story short, we're not really talking to each other anymore.

***

No comments: