Thursday, October 18, 2007

Story #25 - Doing Nothing

This one is for my friend in Indiana.

***
Doing Nothing
by Dan Schwartz

I wanted to live in the land of bad decisions. In order to live in the land of bad decisions, you have to make some bad decisions.

I thought, what is the point of going outside and doing anything? There was nothing that I couldn't do from my home. So I bought World Of Warcraft and I decided not do anything else but play it and sleep.

My former friends were upset, they said, that I never left the house, but, if they can't understand why I wanted to do this, then I guess they were never really my friends.

It's great. I get all my food ordered and delivered to me. I keep my own sleep schedule, it doesn't even matter. Sometimes I don't even wear clothes.

I don't miss the outside world. There wasn't much there anyway. What, buildings? Trees? Some mountains? I don't need those. There are pictures of those online anyway.

I am self-sufficient. I provide for myself. I make my own money - through Warcraft, but also I found you can take these surveys online and they pay you for it. I am thinking of venturing into other schemes as well. But other than that, I am content.

I do not need anything, nothing, not ever again.

***

No comments: