Thursday, December 6, 2007

Story #32 - Broken Glass

Sorry this one's so late. Hope you enjoy.

***
Broken Glass
by Dan Schwartz

I wanted to live in the land of bad decisions. In order to live in the land of bad decisions, you have to make some bad decisions.

At a bar, I accidentally dropped a glass that was in my hand. Beer and glass shards spilled out onto the floor. This was an accident.

The bad decision is when I tried to do it every night from then on.

Not always at a bar, though. In my house, I would just take a glass from the cupboard and smash it on the floor. At restaurants I would casually knock it over, just blaming it on my clumsiness. I was having a ball.

I've kept my streak up, too. It's been 21 days so far. I'm pretty sure that I could do this thing for the rest of my life.

It's an expensive habit, though, to tell you the truth. I always have to buy new glassware, just so I can destroy it, or eat out at different restaurants - I can't do it at the same restaurant for so long, or they begin to get suspicious. So I really have to work hard at my job, try to get a raise.

This is now my motivation. You know, this bad decision might be the best decision I ever made.

***

No comments: