Thursday, December 27, 2007

Story #35 - Starving

Here's a new one, the last one of 2007. Thanks for staying with it.

***

Starving
by Dan Schwartz

I wanted to live in the land of bad decisions. In order to live in the land of bad decisions, you have to make some bad decisions.

I went on a hunger strike. Not for any reason, not for any cause, but just to do it, I guess. Hubris, that's what I would say. I stopped eating because I thought I would enjoy it.

I was wrong. It was maybe a day or two before I couldn't move, and so I would just sit on the couch or watch TV and get hungry. I stopped doing anything. I was very tired and very cranky often.

I would just sit there and try not to think about food, which is difficult, because food is so amazing. I mean it really is awesome. You should try it sometime. And every program on TV has some mention of food or of eating that it made me feel even worse.

I couldn't tell when I should break my hunger strike, as I was striking for no reason, but I decided it should be "before I die." So, yeah, I started eating again. But now I appreciate food, even the things that tasted bad. It is a good thing that you can do to yourself. It will be okay, I swear, I will be okay.

***

Happy new year.

1 comment:

CresceNet said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.