Thursday, January 10, 2008

Poem #1 - Frustration attraction, by Josh Gottlieb-Miller

Sorry for the week hiatus, but I was in France visiting a friend, and I forgot to let people know. So I'm saying this advance, that this blog will be going on a two-week hiatus, beginning again on January 31.

However, it is not all bad news! I am proud to present the first poem written for the Land of Bad Decisions! It is by Josh Gottlieb-Miller, a good friend and a good poet. Please enjoy this offering and, while you are at it, submit something yourself.

***
Frustration attraction
by Josh Gottlieb-Miller

I wanted to live in the land of bad decisions. In order to live in the land of bad decisions, you have to make some bad decisions.

Every decision is a bad decision, that’s not enough. I needed to make some bad decisions, really make them. I needed a nickname

from the roommates I needed a bad habit, bad. I wanted to be a home-wrecker. I wanted to be loved the way a house needs an explosion

a demolition a fixing-up so it doesn’t have to have problems. I had to be a house I had to be livable. When I found my bad decision I had to be a worse decision,

I had to be somebody else’s bad decision because it’s not a land of bad decisions if I’m the only citizen. Fuck houses. I’m talking about whole new universes

of attraction I’m talking about raising the stakes because no girl wants to cheat with a fucking angel. I had to be a big crunch ending,

or a stars ripped open and exploding but not the cold slow advance of nothingness. I had to be the night that can’t drink enough

I had to be the drink that isn’t dark enough I had to be the God of Bad Boyfriends and gambler’s luck and candlelight suns and midnight blowjobs.

I wanted bigger bad decisions, climbing into bed decisions, turning off the light decisions, getting out of bed decisions, having another shot of bourbon great decisions.

Big bad bang bad decisions. It was as if my universe had come into contact with another universe and the result would be a never-ending cycle of destruction

and creation. And every morning that comes up is a morning after. And it comes up because of us.

And there are still Gods out there we can no longer see and no longer feel even as they exert gravitational pull. Perhaps there are houses to live in

and universes to live in that don’t end and begin at the drop of a name into a confession. Up there the cosmos isn’t black there’s just nothing

for the light particles to illuminate. Ain’t no way to build a home in the land of bad decisions. So build a universe. So tear it down.

I want to live in the land of bad decisions. I want to make it mine. The worst decisions again and again, until they come up roses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I usually don’t post in Blogs but your blog forced me to, amazing work.. beautiful …