Thursday, February 7, 2008

Story #36 - Waffle Iron

Folks, sorry it's been so long since my last story, but I hope you enjoyed the hiatus. I am busy this year but I'm going to stick to posting one story a week, every Thursday, for your enjoyment.

Of course, you could make it easier by writing something yourself and sending it to me.

***

Waffle Iron
by Dan Schwartz

I wanted to live in the land of bad decisions. In order to live in the land of bad decisions, you have to make some bad decisions.

It was right in front of me, and I could not help it. I turned it on and waited a few minutes. While I waited I fixed myself a strong drink of whiskey and soda water.

Then it was nice and hot. I opened it. I put my hand in the middle. I closed it.

It's like how you go to reach a kettle or something, and it's hot, so your hand instinctively moves away. Only now, it can't.

When I finally took it off - charred, seared - I saw the square marks covering it all over, having left their print.

And it was awesome.

***

No comments: