Monday, January 11, 2010

Story #48 - Jumped On A Car

Hi everyone! Here is this week's story, and I hope you enjoy it.

***
Jumped On A Car
by Dan Schwartz

I wanted to live in the land of bad decisions. In order to live in the land of bad decisions, you have to make some bad decisions.

It's always been a dream of mine to jump onto the hood of a moving car. So I went to the nearest bridge that overlooked a highway. It was midday, and the cars were moving freely. I waited. I saw one coming up that looked old, and a had a wide front. I readied myself, waited until it disappeared under the bridge, and leaped.

I landed right on the hood. And it was awesome. Of course, once I was there, I had to think about holding onto something, so I grabbed on to the front of the hood, near the windshield. The driver was a man, probably 40s, who had a thick beard. He looked upset for some reason. He swerved his car all over the road, but I held on. I started to get up, and I made my way to the roof. He was still swerving, but I knew what I was doing.

Then he slammed on the brake, and I flew once more, this time into the grill of an oncoming truck.

But guess what? Turns out it's all his fault, at least according to the court documents.

***

No comments: