Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Story #64 - Delayed A Space Shuttle - MBD #6

Did you see yesterday's MBD entry, or the one before that? Maybe you should! And also please do submit your own works for the site, it would be something that would be okay! Here is today's story.

***

Delaying a Space Shuttle
by Dan Schwartz

I wanted to live in the land of bad decisions. In order to live in the land of bad decisions, you have to make some bad decisions.

I was in Florida once, and I saw that there was going to be a space shuttle launch coming soon. Fuck that, I thought. So I did everything I could to stop it.

I called into the control center at important times and asked questions that didn’t go anywhere, just to slow them down. I went in and asked for guided tours, and purposefully made myself a nuisance so they’d have to kick me out. One time I arranged a birthday party festival outside, including clowns and a bouncy castle, even though it wasn’t anyone’s birthday.

I never resorted to physical violence, with the exception of a few bricks thrown in a few windows. I found it better just to annoy them, waste their time, and make them spend money on things that they didn’t need.

All in all, it worked pretty well. But that might, in fact, not have had much to do with me. That’s okay though. I feel right in my own mind.

***

No comments: