Friday, April 9, 2010

Story #67 - Went To Live In A Remote Shack - MBD #9

Hello, and happy Friday to you all. Here is another story in the Month of Bad Decisions. As always, please submit your own story or poem or whatever for the site!

***

Went to Live in a Remote Shack
by Dan Schwartz

I wanted to live in the land of bad decisions. In order to live in the land of bad decisions, you have to make some bad decisions.

I left behind all my possessions and went to live in a remote shack in the desert. It was just me and a well and the hot sun. I had to learn how to live on my own. I would go out and look for vegetables, or maybe kill an extremely small and timid animal. I made a solar powered oven for myself. One time I used pieces of the wood from the shack to make tea, which I don’t recommend.

It was boring at first, but I found ways to keep myself entertained. I would run around the shack until I got tired. Sometimes I would walk as far as I could, to find out from how far away I could still see the shack. And sometimes I would make sculptures out of the rock and clay that was around me. They weren’t very good, and I have no intention of showing anyone. But mostly I just stood outside in the sun and didn’t do anything. I closed my eyes and lay down, and let my mind go. A few insects would crawl all over me, which I was at first upset about, but eventually was okay with.

In the end I had to leave the shack because it turned out not to be monsoon proof. Luckily I was outside the time, but I had just woken up, so I didn’t believe it at first when I saw the shack being washed away, like the remnants of a proud boat.

***

No comments: