Monday, April 12, 2010

Story #70 - The Day I Lost My Skin, by Nazanine Hozar - MBD #12

Today we have a new story by Vancouver author Nazanine Hozar! Naz is an amazing writer, whose work is forthcoming in Prairie Fire magazine. She is good at everything. Thank you, Naz! Please enjoy her story, and if you feel the need to submit something yourself click on the Submission Guidelines on the right.

***

The Day I Lost My Skin
by Nazanine Hozar

I wanted to live in the land of bad decisions. In order to live in the land of bad decisions, you have to make some bad decisions.

I woke up one morning and decided I no longer wanted my skin. After my morning routine, I found the old Swiss army knife my Dad gave me for my Bat Mitzvah and began to cut my skin off. At first I could only cut in little chunks, since I wasn’t used to the way skin moved around your flesh. But after a while, I got used to it. An hour in, I got better and peeled the rest off in one go. I was quite surprised by all the things I found under my skin. When my task was finally accomplished, it was about that time to head to work and take on a new day.

Since I had no skin, I decided there was no reason to wear clothes. It’s amazing how a skinless body is different from one that’s not. Though I did wear my runners to help me walk faster. It was then that a swarm of mosquitoes from the nearby park came rushing towards me. I guess, since I no longer had skin, they figured it’d be easier to suck out my blood. But when they lodged onto my flesh, the mosquitoes became trapped between the folds of fat and muscle. I didn’t want to make a scene but I had hundreds of them stuck to me and it was uncomfortable. I tried to pick them off one by one but realized it would take too long and I’m not a patient person.

Luckily, that was when the sun came out. Its rays penetrated my flesh and burned the mosquitoes off. But since I had decided to have no skin the rays also incinerated my flesh. Now all that’s left of me is my skeleton.

***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Omg I have goosebumps!!!