Friday, April 16, 2010

Story #74 - Punched A Light Bulb - MBD #16

Hi, please have a good weekend and enjoy this story for today. The Month of Bad Decisions continues for two more weeks!

***

Punched a Light Bulb
by Dan Schwartz

I wanted to live in the land of bad decisions. In order to live in the land of bad decisions, you have to make some bad decisions.

I was reading in my bed, and I became tired, and I wanted to turn out the lamp. But the switch was too far away. So instead I just punched out the light bulb. It shattered released a fine mist or gas, and my hand hurt like shit. However, the light was off now. So I went to sleep.

The next day my hand still hurt, but I kind of got addicted to it. So I went through my house, just punching out all the lights I could find. It stung. But I was so gleeful, you should have seen the smile on my face. The best were the overhead lights, because then the debris would fall around me.

When there were no more lights left in my house, I went to a department store. Originally the plan was that I would by more, but then I thought, why not just punch these ones right here? It wasn’t exactly the same thrill because the light bulbs weren’t plugged into anything, but it was still fun. Except those fluorescent lights, those are just awful.

Eventually I was apprehended by the store security, where they showed me pictures of intact light bulbs just to torment me. My hand still hurts. I’m not sure if it will ever recover, and I’m less sure if I want it to.

***

No comments: