Sunday, April 25, 2010

Story #83 - Put My Fingers In An Industrial Fan - MBD #25

We're heading into the last week of the Month of Bad Decisions! Here is today's story, please enjoy.

***

Put My Fingers in an Industrial Fan
by Dan Schwartz

I wanted to live in the land of bad decisions. In order to live in the land of bad decisions, you have to make some bad decisions.

I’ve always been told that you are not supposed to put your fingers in a fan. But I thought, how bad could it be? I mean maybe your finger gets nicked. I should be smart enough not to lose anything. So I tried it on the nearest fan. Unfortunately it had one of those grills on the front, so I couldn’t get through. I outsmarted it, though, and took it off. The fan was a little plastic thing, and you know what? It wasn’t that bad. I put my finger there, and the blades stopped moving. It was neat. I was able to bring something like this to a halt.

I tried a wooden ceiling fan, just stuck my hand up there. The same thing happened. It hurt a little bit, okay, but it wasn’t bad like I’d heard so often. I tried a metal fan, and yeah it was a bit more painful but it was just like the rest. I liked stopping these fans from working, nearly (I thought) breaking them.

I had a friend who worked somewhere that had an industrial fan. So I asked him one day if I could take a tour of the facility. He let me, and we went all around the floor. When he got to the fan he said, “Don’t go near there,” and I said, “Okay,” and I ran away before he could react and I stuck my arm inside.

Oh, the blood.

***

No comments: