Monday, May 24, 2010

Story #91 - Stayed In The Shower

Hello everyone, here is a story for your Monday night. Please remember that I would like to read submissions from you, so please email me something to put on the website. I hope you enjoy today's story.

***

Stayed in the Shower
by Dan Schwartz

I wanted to live in the land of bad decisions. In order to live in the land of bad decisions, you have to make some bad decisions.

I was taking a shower, and was about to turn the water off and head out, when I thought, wait, why am I doing that? Being in the shower is nice. It feels good to have warm water around me, and I like the water pressure coming out of the shower head. So instead I stayed in. I pulled the shower curtains closed tight. I wondered if I should turn the water off, but thought, no, if it's off then I'm just standing in an empty shower, and that's just silly.

After a few hours the water stopped being warm, which I expected, but it was okay. I had become acclimated to the warm water, and then as it became less warm I slowly got used to the increasing levels of coldness. So the cold water actually felt good, instead of terrible, as it usually does.

Eventually the water just shut off completely. This made me very upset. Is this not my apartment? Don't I get a choice in how much water I get to use in my average day? So as a protest I did leave the shower, but turned on every faucet I could think of. I left the water running in the sink, I started the dishwasher, I flushed the toilet twenty times. Of course, these all shut off eventually too. I was pissed. I wanted to yell angrily at my landlord, but he was out of town. Also being in the water so long meant I had trouble not being in water, so after my initial rush passed and the cold air started finding me, I had to hide.

I didn't come out for several days. I still might not - you should see my utility bill this month.

***

No comments: