Monday, June 28, 2010

Story #96 - Fell Asleep In A Public Place

Hello! There is a new LOBD story for you to read, and I hope that it finds you well.

Also, a programming note: There won't be an update next week, due to the 4th of July holiday in the US. But that is a good time for you to write a submission and send it to me, I think. Please enjoy today's story.

***

Fell Asleep in a Public Place
by Dan Schwartz

I wanted to live in the land of bad decisions. In order to live in the land of bad decisions, you have to make some bad decisions.

I was so tired, sitting on a park bench in the city, and I didn't feel like getting up and going home or to a hotel. So I put my head down and fell asleep right then and there. You can probably guess what happened next.

A massive thunderstorm came, and poured rain all over me. When I woke up I was drenched. I felt a little sick. I went to the hospital. While I was there the staff stole my clothes and also my watch. I argued with them, asking them what happened. I thought briefly about starting a five-year lawsuit, but decided it wouldn't be worth the energy. So I left in the hospital gown they gave me.

When I got home I found that my home had been burned to the ground. That's just what happens, I thought. Now I live in my car. The seats are surprisingly comfortable. I am giving it two, three weeks at most before I am arrested. I am also thinking of taking a multi-city tour. Not that I have the money for it, but I could if I wanted to.

I have not talked to another person in probably a long time.

Other than that, though, I feel like things are mostly positive in my life now.

***

No comments: