Sunday, December 26, 2010

Songs #1-5

Merry Christmas!

I honestly wasn't expecting to post in this blog again, at least not for a while, but something quite frankly amazing happened. My good friend David sent me a Christmas present - a submission to the Land of Bad Decisions!

David went on the Mechanical Turk website, and asked five people to write songs about the Land of Bad Decisions. And I think they're awesome. I'm not sure who wrote which one, so if they want to leave a comment here I can credit them or leave them anonymous. (Also if anyone wants to put music to them, that'd be cool too.)

So thank you, David, and I hope everyone enjoys their Christmas/Boxing Day present. Happy holidays.

-Dan

***

Song 1:
=================================

"I want to live! (backup singers:)(to live!) in the land of bad decisions
Liiive on, in the land of bad decisions
If you want to live! (in the land of bad decisions)
Then you just gotta make, to make some baaad decisions!"



Song 2:
=======================================

"Come all the Liars, come to me.
This is the ""Land of Bad Decisions"",
Take your pen and start writing
Anything bad you have done."


Song 3:
==========================================

"The land of Bad Decisions took me somewhere I thought I would never
want to belong.
The Land of Bad Decisions made me feel as though all I could do is wrong.
The Land of Bad Decisions reminds me of someone I met while visiting this place.
The Land of Bad Decisions made me never want to leave with haste.

Ohhhh! I do wanna return there once more.
Ohhhh! I wanna see this place again for sure.

This is where I met my true love, and he was a bad decision.
Yet, I would like to be with him once more, and that's for sure!

Ohhh! I do wanna return there once more
Ohhh! I wanna see this place for sure.

Please let my true love be there, and remind me of the reason that I
like The Land of Bad Decisions.

Ohhh! I do wanna return there once more.
Ohhh! I wanna see this place again for sure."


Song 4:
===================================================

"I wanted to live in The Land of Bad Decisions
So I began to lie again and again
This is a Land of liars and day dreamers
So I am the King of this beautiful Land."


Song 5:
===================================================

I put my hands up and concede defeat
When good ideas come, then retreat
Whirling and twirling in disarray
In The Land of Bad Decisions I play

A flicker of light and a bulb of glee
Randomness prevails and is heavenly
I kicked the habit of making sense
I live for the future in the past tense

Take the lead, then toss it away
Decide to leave, then choose to stay
Genius bred, and to each his own
A happy king and a fickle throne

Share the knowledge and share your mind
You show me yours, and I'll show you mine
Ideas, like the universe, want to expand
And ideas are king in this land"

***

No comments: