Sunday, April 10, 2011

Story #110 - Stood In A Public Toilet - MBD #10

***

Stood In A Public Toilet
by Dan Schwartz

I wanted to live in the land of bad decisions. In order to live in the land of bad decisions, you have to make some bad decisions.

Standing in a public toilet doesn't sound like fun, and I'll tell you the truth here: it's not. I just did it because I had never done it before.

What I did was I opened up the lid, kicked my shoes and socks off, and got in. It was surprisingly cold. I tried not to think about what I was doing, or why. If I even stopped to ask myself those questions, I would have immediately ran off and taken a three-day shower.

Which, granted, is what I ended up doing. But for about 12 seconds, I had no problems. I made a decision, and I did it. Standing there I thought, this is something that you could do every day, yet we always pass this opportunity by. Why does it take so long to finally get around to it? (Again, the answer to this question resulted in screaming and running away. But I like the process here, what led me to it.)

No comments: