Saturday, April 16, 2011

Story #116 - Missed A Field Goal - MBD #16

***

Missed A Field Goal
by Dan Schwartz

I wanted to live in the land of bad decisions. In order to live in the land of bad decisions, you have to make some bad decisions.

Yes, I missed it on fucking purpose. What did you think? There was no wind, and I could have made it no problem. Instead I kicked way right.

Why? Because fuck this team and fuck you, that’s why, for thinking that any of this meant shit. You’re going to get upset because a football team, one that you’re not even on by the way, lost one game by a few points? None of this matters! There’s nothing to be gained from winning. It’s all a distraction. You should go home and think about your life. Sure, it was the playoffs, but I’m pretty sure no one really wanted to play another of these fucking games. Fuck this bullshit team and fuck everybody that cares about it.

You couldn’t see it from where you were sitting, but the arc of the ball from my vantage point was in the perfect shape of a middle finger.

***

No comments: