Sunday, April 17, 2011

Story #117 - Briefly Became A Cannibal - MBD #17

***

Briefly Became A Cannibal
by Dan Schwartz

I wanted to live in the land of bad decisions. In order to live in the land of bad decisions, you have to make some bad decisions.

Except this time it wasn’t worth it. I’m feeling better now, and I no longer have the all-encompassing craving for human flesh. So that’s good.

There’s only so many directions you can go, once you do this. Backwards really isn’t one of them. But with time and the proper training, I think I can maybe re-enter society.

I found a support group of other ex-cannibals, and we talk, have a few drinks, and let the healing process take place. We joke around now, it’s easier, we can relax, we don’t have insatiable bloodlust. Things are okay.

So that, I think, is probably my biggest weakness. But I can assure you that it will not affect my productivity or my hard work ethic. Do you have any other questions for me?

***

No comments: