Sunday, April 24, 2011

Story #124 - Brought An Antique Typewriter With Me To All Places - MBD #24

***

Brought An Antique Typewriter With Me To All Places
by Dan Schwartz

I wanted to live in the land of bad decisions. In order to live in the land of bad decisions, you have to make some bad decisions.

Imagine. You are in the grocery store. You are looking at different types of produce, trying to determine the best one. Suddenly in the background you hear: Click. Click click. Click click click. Ding! You turn around and there's me, next to the oranges, typing on a beautiful antique typewriter. Awesome, right?

Or: you are at the public library, doing research on something. You look over and I am there, happy as ever, typing away.

Or how about: you are at work, trying to get some work done. You see me, your co-worker, with an antique typewriter. All I am doing is typing, and having the greatest time.

Now imagine bringing a hammer to work, or the library, or what have you.

What I'm saying here is that you owe me at least two hundred dollars.

***

No comments: