Friday, April 29, 2011

Story #129 - Plagiarized - MBD #29

***

Plagiarized
by Dan Schwartz

I wanted to live in the land of bad decisions. In order to live in the land of bad decisions, you have to make some bad decisions.

I have a book coming out that is an entire copy of a different book that not many people have read. It is the exact same words, just with my name and different title. You'll like it! Maybe. Honestly I haven't read it. I got a PDF, transferred all the words into a different book, and sent it to a publisher.

My feeling is - this book has already been published, so that must mean it was good enough to get published, and therefore it must be accepted. No more rejected manuscripts! Only things that have worked. Perfect.

I honestly did not expect the author of the original book to get in contact with me, nor for the death threats sent my way. Come on! It's not like this is a new phenomenon. These things happen all the time. It is just a way that people live their lives.

***

No comments: